I stumbled upon Starbuck’s “We Are Here” Mug collection on Amazon and I had to share the Californian ones with you guys! It’s the perfect season to give someone a mug for tea, coffee, hot cocoa, etc. especially one with their favorite Californian cities on it! They also have other cities around the rest of the US too! Just search “we are here starbucks mug” on amazon or any other website. Below are the links if you guys want to purchase these mugs!
Sorry for the lack of posts lately, guys. As some of you may know, I just started college a couple of weeks ago so the whole transition made me really busy so really sorry about that! :( The move from Los Angeles to Orange wasn’t exactly the most pleasant…to those who warned me about the Orange Curtain…haha you were on point with that, my friends. I enjoy a good bunch of Orange County very much, but Orange and Chapman University, not so much. It’s really superficial and dull and dead and uncultured around here. I go back to Los Angeles almost every weekend to get my dose of urban life and culture and excitement to keep me sane. Dont get me wrong, I keep an open mind about things as best as I can and embrace whats being thrown at me. Im still just adjusting I suppose. Other than that, things have been alright, I’ll try to keep FYC updated as well as I can, I promise.
Another outing? Haha yes! But instead of LA we did OC this time. Click here (http://josiewanders.blogspot.com/2013/07/another-outing.html) to read about all the things I did in Orange County yesterday! :) Feel free to leave any comments here!
Huntington Beach, California
First Three-Park All-Nighter Kicks Off Monstrous Summer at the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts
Our first-ever, three-park all-night party is happening at the Magic Kingdom Park in Florida and Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park in California. The parks will stay open from 6 a.m., May 24 to 6 a.m., May 25, 2013, local time.
In California, you’ll be able to party the night away at both parks with special entertainment including: a “Monsters University” “TLT Monstrous” Dance Club and Star Wars characters in Tomorrowland and late-night Character Pajama Party in Mickey’s ToonTown at Disneyland park. The new Fantasy Faire Royal Theatre at Disneyland park will become a Royal Dance Hall late at night with a live band and dancing; and guests of Disney California Adventure park will find Monstrous photo opportunities with new “Monsters University” “Dorms” in Hollywood Land and a new “Monsters University” float leading the Pixar Play Parade.
Newport Beach, CA
- Posted 8 months ago
- 37 notes
- Locations & Subjects
- Orange County
- Crystal Cove State Park
- West Coast
- Stock categories
- Photo specs
- Geographic Features
- Nature Parks
Laguna Beach, CA
One of my all time favorite beaches
Sunset at Seal Beach
submitted by: sansaaron.tumblr.com
itsaredheadthing asked: She'll be living in LA but I thought I'd give her the lowdown on some of the surrounding areas incase she felt like exploring.
Alright prepare for a long answer. I recommend that your friend also goes to Orange County, there’s a lot to do there and it is close to LA. Here is a list of my favorite things to do in LA and OC.
Some Los Angeles things to do/visit:
- Universal Studios. Cool theme park and its City Walk is a great place to hang out at night since it has restaurants and shops.
- Check out all the beaches. My personal favorite is Santa Monica since there is a lot to do there. There is the pier and if she likes shopping, there’s the Santa Monica Place outdoor mall and 3rd Street Promenade which usually has cool street performances going on and also nice stores. Other beaches she can see are Malibu, Venice (one of the more unique places here, but great local vibe), Manhattan Beach, Hermosa, etc.
- You already have Hollywood figured out like you said. That’s good, that area can be kind of crazy so it’s always good to know about it before you go.
- Downtown LA and the Hollywood area have a lot of cool venues for concerts and such. If she likes concerts, then she’s in luck because there’s usually always going on around here. Just be careful especially at night in this area.
- The Getty Villa in Malibu is a beautiful place to take pictures and admire some fine Roman architecture and old artifacts. The Getty Center is also a museum with a more contemporary feel that’s located in Brentwood.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain if she likes roller coasters.
- If she likes shopping then some popular places to go shopping in LA are: The Americana at Brand, Beverly Center, Century City, Glendale Galleria, The Grove, Rodeo Drive, Old Town Pasadena
- Griffith Park Observatory for great views of Los Angeles. I find city lights beautiful so I like to go at night or right when sunset comes.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art if she’s into art.
- The Huntington Library is beautiful.
- Check http://discoverlosangeles.com/, they have a lot of helpful info.
Some Orange County things to do:
- The most obvious thing: Disneyland. Try to squeeze California Adventure in there too. Happiest place on Earth. Well to the majority of us.
- Knott’s Berry Farm. Again, only if she is into roller coasters.
- OC has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. All very classy and fun. Laguna Beach has an amazing art scene. Huntington Beach has a lot of fun shops, a pier, and a good surf scene. One of my favorite spots. Dana Point, Newport Beach, Balboa Island, Seal Beach, San Clemente and more.
- One of my favorite places to shop is South Coast Plaza. It might take her more than a day to cover. Other good places to shop in OC are Fashion Island, Anaheim Gardenwalk, Downtown Disney, Irvine Spectrum.
- Check out http://www.visittheoc.com/ for more info.
And since she’s moving to LA, it’s important for her to know the area well in terms of how safe it is. Here is a reply I found online that I found quite useful:
Haha sorry I know that is a lot of info! Message me if you have anymore questions :)
You really need to check out my Photosets!Californian(s) online